Monday, May 5, 2008

A Young Artist

It was a Saturday afternoon when I arrived at the coffee shop and found a mother and her five year old daughter sitting at a table. Since they were the only ones there at the time, I sat down with them and started a conversation. As I talked the little girl took out a sheet of paper and started to draw and then to color between the lines she had drawn. After about 15 minutes she had finished her project and gave me the drawing to remember her by.


I wish that I had my camera with me and asked if they might be back. I learned that they usually come each Saturday. The next Saturday I was there with my camera to get a picture of the creator of the drawing. She is such a cool young girl.


Since meeting her mother that first Saturday, she has stopped by after work to have conversation with me to practice her English. During the past two weeks she has heard several students ask me questions about Christianity and now she is asking questions. Last night she and another student wanted to have my email. That always indicates a certain level of friendship and interest. Maybe future family members.

No comments: