Thursday, May 15, 2008

New Life

I have been watching the trees that were planted a few days ago, that I wrote about in several blog entries, to look for evidence of life. The picture below was taken on April 28th, just after it was planted.


The next picture was taken on May 11th and shows new life forming.


Notice the leaves popping out all over in the next picture.


The next picture is out of focus. I didn’t realize that my camera was more interested on the larger tree in the background and so focused on it and left what I was interested out of focus. An example of how technology, like human nature, looks out for its own interest.


Hope you enjoyed this little series on trees. Before I leave in July, I will give an update on our tree that suffered a serious setback in life. It was viciously attacked by workers who cut it down to a trunk and a few short limbs and then ripped it out of the ground and delivered it to a foreign location. It was placed in a hole in the ground beside trees it didn’t know, with nice shapes and clothed with fine leaves. Our tree stood there naked and embarrassed, but with determination it was going to show its new neighbors its will to get along in life by putting forth little branches with leaves as an indication of what is to come. I am sure our tree is not going to fuss over its past misfortune, but has as its focus the making of a full life ahead.