I got in a good day of work today after being gone for a few days. Tomorrow, Friday, will be an off day, but I hope to be back to work on Saturday. Leaders of the church I attend want to have a meeting with me tomorrow about my coming trip to China. After the meeting I plan to spend some time filling some request for Jiajing concerning summer term. Any time I have left will be personal time making sure all bills are paid and financial downloads into Quicken are up to date.
Let us take a look at progress in the kitchen. The first picture shows the right side and shows the new wall cabinet on the right. I still have to build the base cabinet that goes below it. There is some painting to do and of course there are the drawers and doors and the counter tops. It all takes time, but since I am doing the work, labor is free and I enjoy doing it. I love projects like this.
The second picture is the left side and shows the new wall cabinet, the little one, and the new base cabinet under it. On the wall between the two wall cabinets will be a professional exhaust fan to allow Chinese cooking. It will have filters that can be easily removed and put in the dishwasher and cleaned. Beneath the fan is space for a range. The corner base cabinet is my Saturday project.
The third picture is a little dark because of the bright light coming in the window. It shows most of the kitchen. This is the south wall, the center wall. The sink goes below the window and a dishwasher in the open space. The refrigerator goes in the space to the far right. Outside there are leaves on the trees indicating that spring has come. The garden is growing, but the weather man calls for a frost the next two nights. Extra work to cover up the tender plants.
I will have an entry on the garden if it survives the frost. The farmers have their fingers crossed because their field corn is up. A frost would kill it causing great financial loss for them.



