Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Cabinets and Garden

Tuesday morning I worked on the base cabinet I started on Monday. The following picture shows what it looks like before trimming out the front. I plan to place the cabinet and trim it out in the kitchen for a nice clean fit.

After lunch I decided I should work up the garden again before it rains tonight. The picture shows that I am almost finished. As an old farm boy, I sure enjoy my tractor.

We have a second garden where our asparagus grows. It is just beginning to produce and in a short while we will have more than we can eat so we will share it with those who would like some. The spears shown in the picture grew is just one day. We have to cut them every day to obtain nice tender ones. As you can see the ground is cracking because it has been so dry. The forecast calls for up to four inches or more over the next three days.

As you read this I will put the third coat of paint on the cabinet shown above, put it in place and trim it out. While the paint dries I plan to start on the big corner cabinet. Once that one is done it will leave only two smaller ones and one small wall cabinet. Then I will have to construct all the doors and drawers.