The little wall cabinet, the little guy, is still unpainted and in the shop wondering when he is going to join the big guys upstairs. He feels very lonely all by himself in the shop. I tell him to be patient and watch me work on others and eventually he will find his place of honor on the wall where he can see everyone who enters and leaves the apartment.
I am not as far along as I planned because I needed to take time off and do some other things. Wednesday will also be an off day as I need to complete a project before I begin the base cabinets. I did manage to finish the cabinet for the refrigerator. It is shown in the picture below and needs one more coat of paint.
The refrigerator cabinet goes from the floor to the ceiling and is the same depth as the base cabinets. You don't need to use one, but I do because it ties everything together. It allows the other cabinets near the refrigerator to be finished off against it. It also makes it easier to finish off the counter tops.
Notice the bare wood on the floor. I have started to lay out the support that goes under the base cabinets. This allows a three inch indent for your toes to go when standing at the counter. The open space is for the dishwasher. Whatever happened to human dishwashers? I remember Jiajing looking at ours and asking if it can be trusted to clean the dishes. An American wouldn't ask that question. When I go to China I ask questions that a Chinese wouldn't.
I have one more small wall cabinet to build and hope to do that on Thursday. Hopefully by Monday all the wall cabinets should be up and work started on the base cabinets.

