Sunday night it rained about an inch
and a half in a very short time and caused us some concern and problems, but
more on that later. When I got to work it was really muddy.
I got the backhoe backed up to the porch
area to dig a hole for our center post.
It had to be four feet deep to be
below frost line.
Since this is a holiday, Jon was
home and able to work with me, but tomorrow it will be just me again. We must
get the center post in correctly.
Hit it again.
I will nail it up here.
I guess we can’t be serious all the
time, especially during picture taking time.
As I walked around the garage Jon’s
chickens came over to check me out.
Water last night gathered here and
caused the ground to settle, but it also ran into the window well; not good.
Just before the storm we had
installed the gutters around the roof and directed all the water to our drain
to the road. It is either partially blocked or too small. We had hooked a
surface drain by the pool to it and the pressure of all the water from the roof
backed up and ran out of the surface drain and flooded the area near the window
well. We learned from this that the area is too flat to drain fast enough and
will require some work.
It is amazing how much the ground
settled.
There is still some work to do on
the railing and a few other small things.





No comments:
Post a Comment