Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The End

left to do the finish work like trim, tile, wood flooring, and carpet the stairway, but that will have to be done by others. As I leave this project my mind is already thinking about the next project Father has for me. In just three weeks I will have three groups of students to teach for seven weeks in China. This will require much work as I need to prepare the Power Point lessons and then take them through translation into Chinese.  Before we get into that we should finish up our building project.


Brother Jim finished up electrical today.


Several days ago I trimmed out the basement window with treated plywood. It finished out real nice.


I had to install the fire door between the garage and the house today. I checked the width and realized I needed to add a ¾ inch board to each side of the door opening. I did that and installed the door.


Jon will have to install the wood trim to cover up the metal.


I had to spend a few more hours on the tractor before I left. If you work those controls just right you can draw that bucket back on a level plane. Just two levers are able to give all the directional motion needed for the bucket to do everything. I used the bucket to shape the banks you see in the picture. It sure is a lot of fun when you can do it without thinking. It becomes like walking. You don’t have to think to walk; you just do it.


I had Jon cut through the rim board to make room for a heat/AC run from the new furnace to the old part of the house. We had to also cut through a floor joist so it needed to be headed off. Jon is doing a good job. I have enjoyed working with him this summer when he has been available.

No comments: