Thursday, September 8, 2011

Drywall Is Finished

Everything is still so wet with the temperature in the mid-sixties, but I was able to work outside again today.


Last night Jon placed the gas line in a PVC sleeve and buried it under the driveway. Tomorrow the gas tank is supposed to come and get hooked up. That should eliminate the white tank by the new entrance.


Yesterday afternoon I dug a new ditch with a 20 inch slope to eliminate our water problem. You can see how wet it is.


Today I worked on the front deck. The frame is done and two railing posts are in place. Tomorrow I will install the third post and start the floor. I also did some siding after the picture was taken.


Jim finished up the plumbing today.


The drywall finishing was finished today also. One of the workers is installing a new sanding disk. This is a father and son operation. They do excellent work. In fact it is the best I have ever seen. I have grown close to them and hated to see them leave. I would love to become closer friends of them.


Here he is sanding the wall near the front entrance.


To keep the dust out of the living area a couple of bed sheets were hung across the opening.

No comments: