Monday, June 27, 2011

Stump Removal

My brother lives next door to where I am staying this summer. He cut down several trees around his home and wanted to get rid of the stumps. 


When I was younger I used to dig them out by hand, but today one wouldn’t even think of doing that. Instead you call a contractor that removes stumps and pay him for his service. 


According to schedule a dump truck pulling a stump removal machine shows up and backs over a stump.


His machine looked pretty old so I asked him its age. He told me it was 75 years old and still runs well. Who says you need new things. If you take care of what you got, and that includes your body, they will last a long time and provide economical service. Abuse either the machine or your body and you will pay for it.


I suppose you are wondering what the guy is looking at.


He is guiding a high speed blade back and forth across the stump, which grinds off some on each pass.


Looks like a nice easy job. I sure work harder than that building the house.


It does a nice job grinding off the stump.


The teeth are made up of carbide heads on the bolts.

No comments: