Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Transition Time

My first trip to China occurred in the spring of 2005. There were three, two week trips that year with two more to follow in 2006. By the end of 2006 I was very discouraged because of opposition against us. At that time I was considering not returning to China in 2007, but when I received an invitation to come to Wuhan for four months to teach, life took a new focus for me and I returned.

2007 and 2008 were very structured with teaching at the church and conversation at the coffee shop. Becoming friends with Jiajing and her family and then going to live with her parents, changed the dynamics for me here. By the end of 2009, my focus had gotten fuzzy. I knew the spring of 2010 would have to be a time of determining the next step.

I checked out the coffee shop and knew this was not where I was to be. I was asked to teach at the church, but there was no definite time or class waiting for me and again I felt strongly this, for now, was a closed door. I felt drawn to much more prayer, serious blog writing, time with families here, and learning more about my environment and the culture in which I am living. The big development has come in an email ministry with friends I have met here. I am finding greater involvement in World Missions through informed praying. I feel especially drawn to a translation team working in a country west of China and I know I must go back to SE India. My biggest problem is that my vision and desire is outgrowing the strength of this old man. I can’t begin to tell you what it has been like walking with Father on this past trip. I wish I could have stayed in China another month, but I am sure he has important work for me in the states this summer.

No comments: