Monday, June 14, 2010

My Wheels

It was Saturday morning, May 29, and I was at a soccer game. A Chinese friend of mine and the family is on a soccer team with guys half his age, but he loves to work with them. This morning was a good time to be there because his team won by a score of 4 to 3. It was an enjoyable game to watch, but I did notice two other things.

Two years ago I watched another game and noticed that when the guys came off the field at the end of a period of play, there were two or three who lit up cigarettes. This time there were only three or four who didn’t. It was so sad to see guys were out for some good exercise, offsetting it with smoking.

Another thing I noticed, which is the focus of this blog entry were two kids and their wheels on the side of the field. I had to go and investigate and get a couple of pictures.

“Hey man, you got new wheels?”

“That is some tire. How do they work in mud?”

I thought this was so cute. Later the child driving the wheels was kicking a red ball to me, with his mother’s encouragement, and I would kick it back. It was a fun morning.

No comments: