Friday, June 18, 2010

A Boat Ride

On our way home from Letchworth State Park we planned to stop by Silver Lake and take a boat ride around the lake. I have a nephew who has a boat at a Mariana at the lake and we made arranged to met him there.

One of the things the state of New York is known for is the Finger Lakes. To look at the lakes reminds you of a left hand with a few more fingers. The thumb is to the east of the fingers. Silver Lake is a small lake to the west of the bigger Finger Lakes. It is a lake I spent some time at when I was a kid. My grandmother was a cook at the YMCA camp located there and during the summer I would spend some time there with her. The building in the following picture was built many years after I was there.

It is a nice lake.

We had a nice ride.

We saw where people come to stay during the summer.

After spending some time there we headed home to a nice meal with family. It was a very nice day and a chance for Jiajing and her mom to see and experience some American life.

No comments: