Friday, September 11, 2009

Very Close

I have worked very hard the last few days trying to get the old floor up, turned over and painted so I could screw it back down again. Each day there was the forecast of rain, but none came so I made good time. I had much planned today and the forecast for rain was pretty certain. As I started to paint the twelve boards assigned for today, it started to get black in the north and the wind began to pick up. I kept painting and watching and everything seemed to be in a wait status; maybe waiting for me to finish painting. I painted one board and then another and then another. Finally I was doing number twelve and a huge rumble of thunder came from the east, indicating another storm developing. I got twelve done and quickly started to pick up tools and call it a day. I quickly went to get my camera for one shot for this blog entry and as I took it I noticed a white wall of rain moving in from the east. As I walked down the stairs, huge drops of rain started to fall and as I walked into the house it started raining. DON'T YOU THINK THE STORM WAS WAITING FOR ME TO FINISH? Lord, thank you!

The boards at an angle need to be painted on the other side, which will become the top side when I install, hopefully on Saturday. After the floor is down there are a few cracks I want to fill and then apply one more coat to seal it long term. The can claims 25 years. That will make me 98 and I don't think I will be concerned about putting another coat of finish on it then.

No comments: