Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Stairs Must Wait


It is now late Sunday afternoon, Monday is scheduled full and I haven't started to pack yet and I leave for the airport shortly after four AM on Tuesday. I am going to try to write another entry to post on Wednesday, but there might not be any entries for about a week because of a travel event planed by Jiajing's mother. That will be, I am sure, several stories that you won't want to miss.

In this entry I want to close the stair project, to be opened when I return. Several pictures and that will do it for now. Thursday morning was a rain event forcing me to stay in the garage/shop and work on things I had kept there to dry.



I had some old deck flooring and the south railing to paint.



On Friday morning I had errands to run. Fortunately it didn't rain, allowing me to work on the deck Friday afternoon. I got all but four boards down and the south railing up, leaving the project in a safe condition until I get back - not that I will make it unsafe when I return.



The old railing on the left and the one behind me will be rebuilt to match the new style and stained to match the south railing. All the new work will have to wait until I return to be stained.



I have much more to write, but that will have to wait. That is all for now. Steve

No comments: