Monday, September 28, 2009

A Day Together

It is early Monday morning and instead of laying in bed wasting time I thought I would get up and write several blog entries because I know I will not be able to write them in China. I may have to send my info to a friend in the states and have him create my blog entries as Google Blogger has been shut down by the government in China.
A few days ago Connie asked if I had any plans for Saturday, September 19, our fiftieth wedding anniversary. I knew the weather was suppose to be good and I had so much to do, but I think I wisely said, "What do you have in mind?" She hinted that she would like to go up to the Eisenhower Stake Park located on the shore of Lake Texoma and do some hiking.
Saturday came and sure enough it was a nice sunny day. We had a great breakfast together and headed north to enjoy some time together. We hiked the trails, took some pictures and had a great time.


Standing near a cleft, Connie hung onto a small tree for security.



Just below us was a nice view.


After a morning in the park, we drove a little farther to see the dam that creates Lake Texoma.




On our way back home we stopped along the way and had a very late lunch at one of our favorite places. It was a great day. It was time much better spent than staining the stairs. They will still be there when I return from China.

No comments: