Is the house with the blue roof ok?
Should it be like one in the next picture?
Or maybe like the following
Or even the following one
What about living in a tall building?
What I am leading up to are my thoughts about how much house and how many things do we need? Is our house simply a place to live or is it an investment like our stocks? What would life be like in America now if we had been willing to live in a much smaller place with only a few things and as a result had very little debt? When you treat your home as an investment financed by debt you end up with the possibility of being controlled by the lender, or worse, you stand to lose everything. Maybe life is better living in the first picture without a debt than living someplace else and losing it all. I am not suggesting we all live in places like in the first picture. I am suggesting that maybe our houses should be a covering from the elements. Maybe we have forgotten what the Bible tells us about contentment and what to be content with. At least I am struggling with this issue.





