Monday, November 1, 2010

Contention

A friend in the states informed me that I didn’t have a blog entry for several days and wondered if I was ok. I am fine; just very tired from a long week of activity. It has been a great week of meeting new people and having opportunities. As I write this it is Friday evening in the states, so I think I will wait and post this on Monday. I want to go back to Wednesday and write about two of my experiences of that day.

On Wednesdays I usually travel over to the Aloha restaurant for lunch. It should have been a simple trip over and back, but it ended up taking me five hours; I will not bore you with the details. On the way back, when I transferred busses I wasn’t thinking and got on the wrong bus. I realized that by the next bus stop, but waited for a better place to get off. That decision to wait involved me personally in a situation I still wonder about.

This old man got on the bus and showed his pass to the driver, which the driver refused. This led to a heated battle of words between the old man and the driver. The driver wanted him to pay or get off and he wasn’t going to move the bus until that happened. What happened next was so strange. I felt that hand on the back of my neck again that I felt last spring and it literally moved me through those standing on the bus. Up front I found myself pointing to driver then to my bus card then to the old man. I then swiped my card to pay for the old man. I then pointed to the driver and then pointed down the street. The old man sat down in unbelief, the bus driver tried to close his mouth and not a single person on the bus said anything. There was dead silence on that bus with every eye on me as the bus headed on down the road. I pushed my way back up the aisle and took my original standing position. We continued on up the street, letting off people and taking on people, but it was different on the bus now. I never said a word, but a power working in me had complete control on that bus for a short while.

I finally found a good place to get off and got another bus to go back to where I got on the wrong bus, but that led to another experience, which I will cover next time.

No comments: