Several
weeks ago I showed the following picture I took at one of the subway stations.
I passed through that station on my way to the Aloha restaurant today and
noticed some changes.
The
thing that caught my attention in the above picture was the concrete bracing
used to hold back the retaining wall around the construction hole. Also notice
all the vertical rebar and scaffolding rising up under the horizontal bracing.
In
the second picture the bracing is gone. Once the concrete floor in the first
picture cured to a particular strength, it held the retaining walls in place
and the bracing could be removed, allowing the building frame to rise toward
the sky above.
I
think of the intelligence required to design the plans for this building and
then to build it and then I think about “intelligent people” telling me the
universe just happened. How is it possible for that kind of intelligence to
design such a building? Shouldn’t the building just appear all by itself? Oh,
it might take several million years for that to happen and we can’t wait that
long.
This
is like a person taking a very large log and cutting it in half. The first half
is used to carve an idol that the person bows down to and worships as his god.
The other half of the log is cut up and used for firewood to cook meals and to
keep warm. I wonder how the person knew which half would become god. I wonder
if it would make any difference if a mistake was made. I wonder if that god is
any smarter than the person who thinks the universe just happened.

No comments:
Post a Comment