It was four AM when I looked at the clock. Most people would be able to roll over and go back to sleep, but not me. Very often my day starts then, but that is ok because it provides a great time to spend with the Lord. I realized that I did not have a blog entry the day before and had not written one yet for today and really didn’t have time to write one. With only six days left before I will be on the plane for China, time is becoming a premium.
Amongst my emails was one from Lisa, which details more of what her life is like there in China. I thought I would include it as the blog entry for today.
I know, I know -- I have been rather silent for almost a month. My apologies for that again, however, I was so busy trying to catch up on my classes and fully recovering from the surgery, I barely had time to catch my breath!! I'm still struggling to catch up with the material - content I must teach, and even holding extra classes or makeup sessions to get back on track in a few weeks I hope.
Tomorrow is Round #3 of the chemotherapy at Xie He. The medication is called Xeloda and in a pill form. They have to run some tests to make sure I'm prepared, and also a physical examination. One prayer request for sure: I'm having some problems with my digestive system still. I don't know if it's the change in diet but I'm on a fairly high fiber, low fat diet and my digestive system is not in sync with how it should be considering all the fruits and veggies I'm now consuming . . so a full physical exam is scheduled tomorrow before starting the Xeloda.
What a month!! I had a fantastic time living life to the fullest as much as I could. The HIV/AIDS meeting/charity event was probably the highlight, as well as getting back into my weekend English Corners with the students, the daily hum drum stuff of fixing my scooter's brake system (only 10 Yuan -- about $0.70!), slogging through the puddles like a duck on the numerous rainy days, etc.
As stated before, life is very vivid and special for me now and I try to just keep things on an even keel as I have done in the past. My lifestyle is much healthier with tri-weekly workouts and a good diet. I even use Splenda instead of sugar now and my chocolate bars from a month ago are almost still there! Now that's a CHANGE!
I am observing an interesting class taught in English at HUST on the history of the Bible. It presents some interesting opportunities, as the teacher (non-religious) became interested and welcomes my attendance when he discovered I'm a Protestant, not Catholic! Ha, ha. Cool, huh? I mostly sit quietly in the back though, keeping in mind my contract agreement and wanting truly to absorb how the material is presented while learning from a master teacher on some teaching techniques.
Life is great. Dong Hua (Alice) just surprised me with a visit!! :) She is heading for Thailand with Sara and Bob in a few days! I'm so proud of her.
I'm not sure what else to chat about other than what I have because I've been buried in academia.
Always thinking of all of you, even if I don't write too often these days!! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment