When I signed into Google mail on Saturday morning one of my emails had the word “Buzz” next to it. That meant it was sent as a comment by one of my “Buzz” Google followers. My blog entries are also found there. It is really a nice piece of software that Google hopes will ketch on. It has with me. All you need to do is to sign up for Google mail and set up the Buzz profile. The email – comment from Lisa through Buzz – is given below. As you can see I am still behind.
She's right!!! HERE I AM!!!! I am sittin' up in bed, walking around the hall a bit for exercise, and astounding the doctors on the great healing and SPEED of my recovery that is occurring. I'm now only on a drain tube from the wounds in less than three days! Whoo Hoo!!! HE is the GREAT PHYSICIAN! I am CANCER FREE as far as the 'big baddie" is concerned. They've taken a sample off a lymph node for pathology analysis before I can really say "CANCER FREE", but here's a great scoop that I didn't even know about until yesterday. Apparently, when they first did a CT scan on me, ALL of the lymph nodes were swollen and possibly cancerous. They didn't tell me this. They pulled the ol' Chinese trick of not telling the patient "really bad" news, but partially told me it by saying only ONE was invaded. In a way this worked in my best interest psychologically.
If they had told me all of my lymph nodes had been possibly invaded (which is appeared they were), I would have probably felt like giving up & figuring I was a goner. Now what to do? By telling me a "half truth" that there was "some lymph node invasion but only on one", I could grasp & handle that...so I was actually possibly sicker than what I THOUGHT I was -- but since, hey, it was only "one node as far as I was concerned these past two weeks", I psyched myself up for FULL RECOVERY! Not sure I'd been able to if I'd known "the truth".
Anyway, the chemo worked -- the lymph nodes are all in their regular, normal shape, and so they decided once they got a look at things, only take a sample and not take ANY of them out!
Ignorance WAS bliss in this instance. GOD IS GOOD!!! He is amazing! Step by step he's provided me the psyche, the determination, and the belief that great things would happen no matter what. It's all about recovery now, and I'm certainly into THAT MODE!! I can’t wait to be able to eat a Papa John's pizza slice again soon! Yee haw!
He's provided me with a GLOBAL community of friends and family, sometimes even strangers pushing me forward & lifting my hands up into the air. I think this is the one thing of the whole experience I treasure most; the beautiful relationships that have been created anew, the ones to come, and the ones that have been solidified. It's all just so lovely. Yeppers, I am happy today & full of joy and energy!
Lisa

No comments:
Post a Comment