Out behind our house is a farm pond that rarely freezes over, but with this cold weather the surface is frozen hard enough to allow ducks to fly in and land without breaking through. When Connie called there was a large group of them on the surface. I grabbed my camera and headed for the door. Just as I stepped out the neighbor dog spotted me and had a fit which scarred away all but three ducks.
I zoomed in and shot several pictures.
I checked my photo collection and found a picture I had taken before I had gone to China last spring. We had snow then, but notice the pond wasn't frozen over.
Now if you want to really enjoy snow you need to go live in the snow belts of the Great Lakes. The picture below was taken several years ago near the east end of Lake Ontario.
One winter I remember, as a kid on the farm, left one snow bank nearly twenty foot high which didn't melt until the end of April. There were several times that winter when the north/south road on the east edge of our farm in western New York looked somewhat like the above picture. Pictures of that winter in my mind just don't seem to fade away.





No comments:
Post a Comment