As you read this email from Lisa try to imagine you as a single woman in a foreign culture where you couldn't speak or understand the language and find yourself in a hospital there facing cancer surgery and treatment. It is overwhelming enough to be there, but to be in a hospital there is another matter. I know as I speak from experience. It is an experience!
Well, I had to delay my trip to beloved Chengdu. Actually, the docs (both USA trained) said I could easily go to Chengdu with their "blessing" but the preop preparation is five days plus I must get a CT Scan to make sure nothing is spreading. I fluctuate back & forth between "power of positive thinking mantras", scripture, songs, and fear. Sometimes all at once.
So you know tonight I was packing my suitcase and got all weepy again and "tight" around the heart feeling.... and then I started for some strange reason packing little stuffed animals, those silly fake police badges kids like so much, UNO cards, playing cards, a hymnal, a Bible, my iPod, practical stuff of course -- toothpaste, soap, shampoo, etc -- getting my dog's needs addressed for Alice's care starting tomorrow -- and I had this sense that I'm to help some scared little kid or kids who are in the hospital with that stuffed toy gift or something. I think my docs would think I'm a bit daft.
I have insurance coverage for the operation and all procedures thus far. There's a few tangles about assisted care after the surgery still to unravel (such as who to get food for me), washing, etc. The minimum amount of hospital time is 14 days; max could be 20 days. I'm shooting for 14 days or less. Here's my thoughts about some of this.
I didn't want to ever be in a Wuhan hospital...yet when the time came, I opted to do so. Mainly because I was advised by western American and all alike that one Chinese hospital is alike unless I go to Hong Kong. Father didn't place me in Hong Kong, he placed me in Wuhan .. if I'd had some time to play with (which I sorta do, but not sure) I'd go to Chengdu -- and some advised America. But He cut those financial ties to America -- time is of essence....so there it is. Not my choosing (I'd love to be in Hong Kong now) -- but hey -- my goodness TWO ... no THREE USA trained Chinese doctors at the #1 Hospital of the Hubei province. I coasted past much red tape that landed me in a free consultation yesterday afternoon setting the foundation for today's meeting. I'm going to ask the doctors if there are any patients or anyone I can sit with or help them with .........I don't know --- I just want to be busy so I don't fret -- someone who just needs someone to hold their hand or something...I think I'm rattling now. It will be the "in between times" that will drive me a bit mad these next few days
Okay -- well, all has been said. Thank you all -- all that sent helpful advice, good wishes, strong powerful promises -- everything. I love you all.
As one has encouraged me recently by stating from Jeremiah 29:11: "For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." And so many more. This one is my favorite.
Sincerely,
Lisa G. Averill

No comments:
Post a Comment