Monday, January 25, 2010

Lisa - A Personal Note To Me

Dear Steve ~

Yes, you may publish the emails in a blog. I don't know how often I will have entries. I wish I could have pictures too -- but you know they have many thefts in hospitals (according to the doctor) so I will limit the presence of my laptop very much. But I will do my best.

As of this morning at 9:00 a.m., I met with the doctors at Union Hill Hospital -- the #1 Hospital especially for cancer in Wuhan. I had really wanted to go to Chengdu for everything, but if I did that, I would have to delay everything and start from scratch because it's a different province. Time is critical -- and the preparatory period prior to surgery is five days. So, I wouldn't be able to start any surgery thing for five days from wherever I am. Meaning, if I left for Chengdu as planned tomorrow, I'd still have to consult with a doctor and then start the process after his testing, etc --- five more days later. Since the cancer is relatively small now and not growing, they advised I have it removed immediately. Plus, I have to know if there's cancer anywhere else, and they can't do that unless I'm admitted. So the sooner I'm admitted into a hospital the better. Based on this, I decided to stop piddling around for a couple of days of "fun & sun" in Chengdu with American friends and hit it head on starting tomorrow, possibly Thursday. Alice (Dong Hua) is supposed to arrive tomorrow afternoon. I don't know whether to wait until she arrives or just go ahead and check in tomorrow morning.

Must keep this short -- if I'm going in tomorrow, I have to pack and get myself geared spiritually and emotionally for everything possibly starting tomorrow morning. I'm still scared, but what can I do? I must face this and move through it.

Sincerely in Him,

Lisa

Link to the hospital where Lisa will be treated.


No comments: