Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Recovering


It is Monday, May 14, 2012, as I write this and I am still on the mend. I was pretty much confined to bed for three days trying to get over this brutal chest cold. Along the way some side effects began to kick in that were bacterial in nature so I started taking my antibiotics. I have learned to always travel with a full prescription, just in case. This was a just in case situation.

I still didn’t want to go out for lunch, but I did. It was cold and raining; just one of those days. I ordered something new and sat down to eat it. It was good but I realized it was more than I wanted today. It was like small meatballs in a soup. This one guy that eats out of the trash kept going back and forth from trash can to the next and as he did I had a thought. I had two meat balls out of about 12 left that I didn’t want. As he approached to go by I stood up to meet him on the way and without either of us stopping simply handed him my left overs and touched him on his arm. He took them and ate as he went to the next trash can. I went and got something else to finish up and sat down again. This time when he walked by there was a smile on his face that I had never seen before. I don’t know if anyone saw what I had done because of how smoothly it went, but I know it must have made his day. How simple it is to live like Jesus.

As I came back from lunch I felt much better. I got to the bottom of the stairs and headed to the top thinking about what had just happened. I realized I was at the seventh floor and didn’t have to stop. I was getting stronger from my sickness.

No comments: