Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A New Station


It is Monday, May 21, 2012, as I write this. I finished up my sermon for Sunday and decided to take my camera out for some “fresh” air. There are several projects I have been following, some for six years, and I needed to update my pictures. I took enough for blog entries for all week. Don’t get your hopes up too high. I don’t have time to go to my file and show before and after pictures. I have much extra work this week and next, but I think I can find time for small blog entries.

When I got back from taking pictures and transferred them to my laptop so that would be saved to my Internet storage tonight, I found two pictures that I took on my Hong Kong trip that were still on the camera. I will use them for this blog entry.

Since we missed the slow train from Guanzhou to Wuhan, because we were even slower, we had to sit all night – or what was left of it – at a KFC and wait for the fast train in the morning. It takes 13 hours on the slow train, but you can sleep the whole time if you want. The fast train takes four hours, but you have to sit on a hard seat all night at a KFC and have English conversation because you are a novelty there. Since the fast train travels on a new railroad, you don’t want to sleep, but instead watch the farmland fly by or the several dozen tunnels we speed through. After four hours of smooth, enjoyable travel we arrive at the new fast train terminal in Wuhan.


As I looked at the above picture I wondered why there were so few people there and that is when I realized it was 5:30 in the morning and this is the new terminal in Guanzhou. The above picture is the front portion.


This is the back portion. Underneath is space for fourteen trains to be parked at the same time, loading or unloading passengers. It is a real cool facility.

P.S. I open my sermon with the question, “Are trials a necessary part of the Christian life?” To find out you will have to attend the English service at 11:30 at Thanksgiving church this Sunday. This is an English service, but the sermon is interpreted into Chinese for those who are not very strong in English yet. Since we started to interpret our attendance has been growing like a weed on steroids. The new people we are drawing are college age students and they love to sing the hymns in English. The worship is beautiful. 

No comments: