I have to admit that I have
developed some rather impressive slides for my James class. I have developed
many diagrams and use many pictures to illustrate what I am teaching.
Apparently my students are seeing something they like in the slides because they
have a new step in their note taking. That step includes their cell phone. It
is not uncommon to present a slide, an average of 65 per lesson, and have half
the class stick up their cell phone and take a picture of the slide and then
put them down and document in their notes the picture. These classes have
become quite a production.
Last Friday I closed my James class
with a powerful example of death that can come from temptation. I used my own
life as an example and gave a “what if” illustration. The students got the
point and clearly understood that our behavior can bring death to the work we
are doing for the Lord.
We finished class on the example and
immediately a young lady came up and requested that I pray for victory for her
over her temptations. During translation time on Tuesday morning after that
class, Joy1 told me that these lessons were really stimulating her spiritual
growth.
I was invited to teach the love
languages at another church in the city on Saturday evening with Joy2. That
night the pastor sat in the front row with his cell phone and started taking
pictures of my slides. Others followed his example. It is a strange feeling to
see all those faces behind their cell phone. It is a new teaching experience.
That evening ended with an invitation for me to return and do further teaching.
I had to say no because I do not have the time and for me this church is not a
safe environment.

No comments:
Post a Comment