Up until December 13th I had been rather faithful with blog entries, but then nothing. I had no intentions of such a long sabbatical, but once I got home I found that I was just unable to continue. I simply did not have the emotional bandwidth left to think about topics and write them out. As a result there were no entries. This empty space caused several to make contact with me to be sure I was still above ground and doing ok. I was above ground, but the doing ok part was questionable.
Returning to the states after the spring trip I usually go to western New York to be with my family and work on some building project. During that time Connie goes to Arizona to care for our two grandchildren who live there. Returning from the fall trip I stay in Texas, which seems to rub me the wrong way. That rub seems to precipitate high blood pressure problems which always require additional medication.
The rub seemed to be extra severe this time and as a result I had nothing left to put into blog entries. I managed to survive the four months in Texas and am now back in China where I find all my social networks blocked, including my blog and some of my Bible links. Controlling the flow of communications is a means of social control, but it also produces tension down underneath. When you add to this tension the growing corruption across all sectors of China society, I believe you have a country that is close to another social flash point. With the addition of about 30,000 believers each day you have a government that is walking a very fine line with its people. Information I receive weekly from research being done by a reliable source keeps me informed about what is happening.
It is important to remember that if we abide in His word we will know the truth and it will set us free and if we know the Son we shall be free indeed (John 8:31, 32, 36). Freedom comes from knowing truth; enslavement from truth being suppressed. To what source does all truth point? Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me (John 14:6 KJV).

No comments:
Post a Comment