During February I took a trip to
cold, snowy Western New York to check on a building project I plan to work on
this summer. That project is described in the following link:
The building project I worked on
last summer was written up in blog entries and proved to be popular for my blog
readers. I plan to write blog entries about the project this summer. Since
preparation work has already started I thought I would keep you up to date and
peak your interest some.
There were several large trees that
would overhang the garage and should be replaced with a different species. Jon
wanted to cut them down for some time, but never got to it. This project made
it more important to get them down before any construction had started.
The trees in front of the green
building, in the following picture, are to be cut down. They are fast growing
soft trees of poor quality.
The next picture is a view of the
trees to be cut down as you look toward the house. The garage will be built in
front of the car. Isn’t that sandbox in the way?
The next picture shows a tree down.
And another is down. Maybe the
sandbox should have been moved first.
It has been a long day and we need
to start cleaning up this mess.
Let’s keep moving while we can still
see.
It is another day and we need to
burn up all that brush. Anyone got a marshmallow? Jon’s four children watch the
fire burn.
The trees are down, the brush piled
up and burned, and the bigger wood is cut up and stacked to dry out for
firewood for next winter.
With work on the trees done they
need to move the sandbox to make room for the north end of the garage.

No comments:
Post a Comment