The schedule for my trip to China is different this time. I have a younger brother and his wife living near Tampa. For some reason I checked to see what flights there were going from Tampa to Shanghai. I found several going from Tampa to Chicago to Shanghai, but for nearly $400 less there were several going from Tampa to DFW to Chicago to Shanghai. From a business standpoint I can’t figure that one out. I checked out a round trip ticket from DFW to Tampa and back and found it to be less than the nearly $400. For the same price it would cost me to fly from DFW to Chicago to Shanghai and back I can include Tampa in the schedule.
My schedule is to leave DFW at 10:30 on April first and fly to Tampa. I will stay in the Tampa area until April fourth, when I fly back to DFW and stay overnight at a DFW hotel. On Tuesday, April fifth I catch my normal flight to Chicago to Shanghai. The benefit of this plan is that I get frequent flyer miles from DFW to Tampa and back and see my brother and his wife at no extra flight cost. When I return in June I will repeat the trip to Tampa and back for those extra miles again.
I really do enjoy flying. The cramped space on an airplane provides close living just like you experience amongst all the people in China.

No comments:
Post a Comment