Friday, November 6, 2009

Wuhan Qintai Concert Hall

I had the opportunity of attending a performance by The Boys and Girls Choir of Harlem Alumni Ensemble at the new Wuhan Qintai Concert Hall. I was impressed with both the performance and the concert hall.


The front entrance of the hall is quite impressive.


The side view is also impressive.


Another view of the front entrance.


Apartment buildings in the neighborhood.


A strong gold accent inside. I would love to hear the pipe organ they have there. Notice the pipes and the organ console. Below it is room for several hundred choir members.


A better view of the choir area and the stage.


Accent on the walls and seat coverings was in red. The seats had wood trim, stained with a rich dark stain. The floor under the seats were a shaded dark brown vinyl. Another inside view shown below.


You can tell I am the builder type. All of the above and not a word about the concert, but what do I say? I could easily write about the quality of construction and the building materials used, but to describe the concert is very difficult for me. There was a Classical, Traditional African - American Spiritual, Broadway, and Inspirational sections. There were several Chinese pieces played by a Chinese artist, Benjamin Sun. He was good. The audience, a mixture of Western and Chinese, seemed to really enjoy it. I enjoyed it, but I also enjoyed studying the building.