Monday, November 30, 2009

So Many Pieces

On June 3rd we began the stairway project with the following picture.

There was this second story deck with no way to get up to it or down from outside. As a second story fire exit it needed to have a stairway attached. After much hard work and many pictures and blog entries the project advanced to the following picture.

It was then time to get out the paint brush and stain all those pieces, but it wouldn't stop raining and finally it was time to travel to China. Fortunately I returned to dry warm temperatures and the opportunity to stain. After hours of work the stairs are in good shape for winter, which the weatherman promises will come on Monday. The white has received two coats, but the red only one and there is still much red to do. The top surfaces are done with one coat, but the underside and the vertical is still bare. Each warn day I manage to get during the winter I will try to get more stain done.

View as you approach using the sidewalk.

View from the southeast.

View looking down from the top.

Noticed the unpainted railing. Next year it will be taken down and reassembled to match the new railing and painted. I will squeeze in an update when warranted. I hope you enjoyed this project as much as I did.

There sure was a lot of pieces!

No comments: