Friday, November 27, 2009

Stairs Update

Wednesday afternoon, 11/25, was a beautiful time to stain the stairway. The sun was out and the air was not in a hurry to get someplace. Thanksgiving afternoon promises to be more of the same, but I don't dare spend my time on the end of a paint brush away from family. That would not be a wise choice, but I agonize inside losing a good day knowing that very cold weather is only three days away when all staining will come to an end. Hopefully I can get most of the top surfaces covered by the end of Saturday.

On Friday and Saturday my plans are to work in the shop in the mornings and stain in the afternoons when it is warn enough. That way I can keep both projects moving forward.

Those of you who have been following the progress on the stairs can appreciate all the work that went into them. If I had to pay someone for all those hours I worked the stairs would not have been built. There is great satisfaction seeing the red and white against the blue sky and knowing that the stairway is my creation. It didn't just happen and more than the universe just happened or that life on earth just happened. The stairs required intelligence and work, so what about everything else? The human body is pretty amazing; a bit more complex than my stairs. To think it could have evolved, but not my stairs causes me to question your intelligence.

No comments: