People are asking me how I am doing on the stairs and so I think it is time to give an update. As you know from Friday's blog entry, this old man was having trouble adjusting to his return from China and as a result he didn't make use of several nice staining days. Saturday turned out nice and so I got my paint brush out and got started and made some decent progress, but it may be the last for awhile.
Today, Monday, the temperature is in the forties and the air is in a very great hurry to get somewhere. Everything is leaning to the southeast and the horses and cows are facing toward the northwest. Animals and birds always face into the wind. Hair and feathers lay down that way allowing the air to pass by more easily resulting in less heat loss. Birds don't like their feathers ruffled and animals don't like bad hair days so the answer is to face the wind.
Back to the stairs. I went out this morning to get a picture to show you that I am doing some work.
The strong wind, and the wind alert showing on my laptop, remind me of the strong wind that was blowing when I left Wuhan. I looked out my window and couldn't believe how clear the air was. As long as I have lived there I never have seen it as clear. I wish I was not leaving for the airport, because today was the time to get some nice pictures. I took several from my bedroom window and decided to show you one. Notice how clear the shore is, which is at least two miles away.
The next entry will, hopefully, show up on Wednesday.



No comments:
Post a Comment