The three sets of stairs are complete. The top landing is almost done and if it stops raining - it is now Saturday - I will finish it and maybe start the railings. Since I can't work outside at this time, I thought I would write this and any work I might do on Saturday I will combine with the work I do on Monday and include it in the Wednesday entry.
When I finished Friday I took four pictures showing different views of the project. The first picture shows all the steps in place.
The next picture shows the stairs from the top. Compare the old work with the new. Never again will I not finish the wood. Left to weather is not a good idea. After the new wood dries and before I go to China I will stain the stairs and hopefully the old deck after some repair.
A View from the top platform. The metal angle bracket laying on the step goes in a vertical position to secure the stringer to the back of the step. I angled the boards to match the flow of traffic.
Another view from the top. Almost identical to a previous picture.
It has stopped raining but the weather map shows heavy rain about 30 minutes away. Once that passes it should be dry for the rest of the day. Then for the next seven days it is suppose to be over 100.





No comments:
Post a Comment