Monday, August 17, 2009

Our Later Homes

My job with Family Life Communications took me from the Lansing area to Midland, Michigan. For about six weeks we lived in Clair with family during the work week and went back to our home in Okemos for the weekends. During the week we commuted between Clair and Midland, which soon got old. During those six weeks we became friends with a family that was looking for a temporary home in the Lansing area. They had a home on a farm in Hope and wanted someone to live in it. We decided to move into each other's home until we could find places of our own. At the end of a year we both decided to put our homes on the market. They sold at the same time. During that year we found a duplex with a unit for rent with a nice garage to store our things in. We lived there while I built our second home.

On our way back from the island we stopped by and got a picture and a tour of our old place.

I had the house nearly built when we were told we would have to move to Tucson, Arizona. That move took more than two years to complete because I had to establish a computer department in Tucson and phase the one in Midland out. When the time came to move, we put our house on the market and it sold very quickly and we were on our way. In Tucson we found a house for rent and lived in it while I built house number three.

We lived there until we retired and then we moved to Texas and I built house number four.

I would still like to build number five.

No comments: