Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Mackinac Island - 1

Connie and I will come to our 50th wedding anniversary next month and decided to start celebrating early by going to Mackinac Island. We flew and drove and arrived in Mackinaw City and prepared for a great day. Monday morning came and we hopped on a ferry

and left the mainland behind.

Soon we arrived at the Island, went to the bike rental for a tandem bike. I figured by having one bike I could steer and she could peddle. Isn't that how it works?

We biked the eight miles around the island

with a rest stop now and then and a picture. One of those was the arch.

After the bike ride it was time for our carriage ride. We had reserved the same driver our kids had a few weeks ago. Because of that connection and the fact I had a farm background, the driver and I had a wonderful conversation for an hour as we rode around. A great experience. - I rushed the picture and messed up.

We asked the driver to plan to end our ride at the fort, where we had lunch overlooking the town below. We enjoyed the fort, but more about that later.

We went down to the town below, picked up some fudge and headed back to the ferry and back to the mainland.

Next time we will show a few more pictures.

No comments: