I use my mornings at the library, while Jiajing is in class, to work on writing a devotional from Colossians. I write one each morning, have lunch and then work on picture organization. Today I say a number of China pictures, which brought back memories. I will mention only one, which is related to the following picture.
It is a picture taken on a hazy day, looking out of the window where I stay in Jiajing's China home. I am on the seventh floor, at the top of the tree line, looking at the bridge across the Yangtze River. The lower deck is for trains and the top is for highway traffic. Straight ahead and down at the river edge is the ferry landing. On the road below my window is a busy street. So many sounds and so many memories. There is so much I could write about, but I will keep them as memories. I never dreamed that my first trip five years ago would develop into all that I have experienced. When we say yes to God's call, he opens up a storehouse of treasures for us to enjoy. He sure has blessed me.


No comments:
Post a Comment