When reporting on progress on building the upstairs kitchen, I was surprised at the interest that was generated. My plans were to return to that project and finish it as soon as I returned from my spring trip to China, but plans sometimes change. The class that Jiajing needed this summer was offered at a distant campus requiring about 40 minutes of drive time. We spend nearly an hour and a half four days a week going and coming from school. Class starts at ten and finishes at 3 with an hour break at noon. We leave for school at nine and get back around 4. That is seven hours four days each week for a total of 28 hours a week. Removing those four days from my home work schedule, leaves Friday and Saturday to do maintenance around our home, not work on big projects.
There are lawns to mow and a garden to keep up.
Since we have a corner lot, I keep up the road sides along two roads. The next picture is in front of my daughter's home. I do the road in front of the farm next to us also, which goes beyond the distant driveway. It makes it look nice.
I also do along the road for two neighbors who are afraid to mow on the slope next to the road. I mow down to the second driveway. Nice shadow.
I also take care of this street, both grass and street surface. Our driveways are off from this street.
The gravel road goes up a hill to the paved street. Drivers seem to like to spin their wheels when the start and as a result I am constantly fixing the damage. The picture is two days after I last fixed it.
There is the garden. It is supplying way more food than we can eat. The sunflowers are really getting tall.
I will be in maintenance mode for three more weeks and then school will be out. There will be about two weeks I can work on the kitchen before Connie and I go on a two week vacation.







No comments:
Post a Comment