Thursday, June 4, 2009

Jiajing

On May 26th I drove down to Nacogdoches, Texas to SFA University to pickup Jiajing and bring her back to McKinney to live with us and to go to school at Collin Community College.

Jiajing had a successful first year at SFA, but decided to come and live with us and take her pre-nursing classes at Collin. She plans to complete this work a year from now. She will take a biology class the first half of the summer and then travel to the state of New York to spend some time with our family there.

This past week our daughter Michele and her two children from the Phoenix area, spent a long weekend with us. We had a great time together. It provided an opportunity for Jiajing to meet them and get to know another part of my family. The night before they were to return home, Jiajing was on a Skype call to her parents in China. I stopped by to say hi and my two grandchildren followed me to see what we were doing. It was fun to see a Chinese family connect with an American family in this way. We spent some time together on Skype and then left Jiajing to talk with her parents. A little later I check to see if they were still talking and found that my granddaughter had gone back to listen to their Chinese conversation. I went and got my camera and took a picture.

I believe it was a special time for Jiajing's parents to see my grandkids. It brought our two families closer together.

No comments: