Nobody is too old to learn are they? I got up and got ready, grabbed my briefcase, my laptop and some books and took off Collin Community College for my first day of Summer Semester One. I will be attending Monday through Friday from ten to three, with an hour break at noon for lunch. Classes will end on July 9th. It should be an interesting adventure as I am enrolled in two classes; photo organization and devotional writing.
I have this great piece of photo software called Adobe Photoshop and nearly ten thousand photos managed by it. It allows me to create albums or to organize photos using tags. The following is a screen print of the software.
Your selection of photos are seen on the left. On the right is the structure you develop. At the top are my albums. I close, for the most part to let albums represent the source of my photos; which camera did they come from or some other source. I have several thousand photos from Chinese students and so I identify theirs by album. At the bottom are my keyword tags. The task before me is to tag all of my pictures with one or more tags. A tag is nothing more than a link to a picture on the hard drive. For example, in the above People is a global tag. The first level under People is Family and under family is Anderson and under Anderson are the family names. I can click on any name and get all pictures, back to 1995, with that person in them. If I click on Anderson I get the whole family, from which I can with one click I can remove any one of them from the selection. I could select one tag and then add to that selection one or more tags. The tag structure is up to me and is a marvelously nice way to efficiently organize photos for retrieval.
I have this great book called the Bible and a life to live out here on earth. This book is God's instructions on how to live that life. I enjoy selecting a book and writing devotional entries based on its verses. Philippians is the last book I have written entries for. The titles are shown in the following figure.
It is about time for class to start, so I had better run along. Actually it is time for Jiajing to go to class and me to work on my photos and devotionals here in the library. She doesn't have her license yet or a car and it is too far for me to drive back home. I plan to spend two hours on the photos and two hours working on devotionals from Colossians, Monday through Thursday. Friday and Saturday are for home projects. Sunday is rest and worship.



No comments:
Post a Comment