Friday, July 24, 2009

More Sidewalk

It is late and I am very tired and I haven't written an entry yet. I took three pictures showing my progress. I will show them and make a brief comment on them and go to bed.

The following picture shows another five foot section added to the sidewalk and the forms for going around the corner to the stairs. Since the weather is so hot and I am so tired I plan to mix and pour only one section per morning. The sidewalk should be finished on Saturday. The first step will be concrete and will be poured either on Monday or Tuesday. I will then show you how to layout stairs and will start on them.

The next picture shows what is left on the sidewalk and how the stairs will look.

The next picture is another view of the project. Much hard work left, but it is fun to see it come together. You can sit back and enjoy my work. I am finding this to be hard work for an old man. I would rather die working hard than getting soft doing things of little value.

I find great satisfaction is projects like this, but I find even more satisfaction in walking with the Lord is a deep Bible study. At the present time such a study is in the book of Colossians. The tangible results are spiritual growth and devotional entries for future blog posting.

No comments: