Recently I have had need to know
when the Chinese New Year starts in 2012 so I decided to look it up and found
the following chart.
In the west the new-year always
starts at the beginning of a new year on January first. It doesn’t start after
the year is partially over. This is just a cultural difference.
The animal that is associated with a
given year is one of twelve as seen in the chart above. They are according to
the Chinese Zodiac and are a form of horoscope and is quite popular here. It is
surprising how many people ask me if I know mine. It is hard to live in this
culture and not know. It seems that mine is the rat and is considered one of
the strongest. I really have no interest in this anymore than I want someone to
read the lines on my hands and tell me what they mean.
The thing I really care about is
that I am a new creature in Christ and I desire to grow to become more like
Jesus Christ. I don’t want my life to be influenced by some animal or star or
something else other than God. He is totally sufficient for me, and He is the one that
I want my life to be totally hidden within. Those who look to their horoscope
will one day come up lacking. It is my desire to put my trust in the creator
not in his creation. How about you?

No comments:
Post a Comment