If you Google Wuhan University, a
map will appear showing seven locations. Students I have talked with say there
are four campuses. Several weeks ago I visited one of them that still had the
old campus built into the side of a long hill. I had my faithful old camera
with me – anything more than a year or two is considered old these days – and
took some pictures. I thought I would share some of them with you.
The university has some nice modern
buildings, which make for a real contrast with the old a short distance away.
The top of the hill is on the right
with a dorm built into its side.
The rooms were small, bare concrete
with no heat or cooling. Compared to modern dorm standards in America these
rooms were barbaric. A student who can live here and survive and actually study
has a quality most don’t have. How long would an American student last in one
of these rooms.
The sun is out so the dryer is
working and the bedding can be aired out.
The roof of the dorm is level with
the top of the hill.
All along the street there are
entryways like this that allow students to climb up to their rooms; both for
living in and taking some of their classes. There are many stairs to get way up
there. That is one way to keep the students thin and physically fit.

No comments:
Post a Comment