Saint Michaels is a registered
church and is where I have many memories gathered over the last four years. It
is a protestant church in which I worshiped and taught.
Plans were for me to teach the book
of Ruth when I returned, but sometimes plans change. Joy my pastor/interpreter
was transferred to the seminary near where I live and replaced with another
pastor with very limited English abilities. Without Joy the door closed for me
there, but with Joy’s help, a bigger door opened up at another protestant
church, located just down the street from where I live. That church is also a
registered church and goes by the name of Thanksgiving Church.
It is an eight story structure
located at the end of an alley. Its footprint is small, but much happens inside
its walls. I will show a few pictures in this entry and then will show more in
a future entry when I talk about worship there.
I was at the church discussing my
first lesson with my interpreter for the Thursday night class and asked to see
the room where I would teach. It is a simple classroom for young college
students and was located on the fourth floor above the worship floors. When I
got off the elevator at floor four and opened the door I didn’t expect to see what
my eyes saw.
Before me was an opening up to the
eighth floor with rooms around it. Some of the rooms were office space, some
were classrooms, some were rehearsal rooms, and some were small apartments. It
was really quite a sensation to see it.
As I get to know this church and my
two classes here I will share it with you. I sure look forward to this new
experience. Two classes and two interpreters both named Joy, who were
classmates at the seminary. God closes one door and opens
another with double Joy. That is so cool!

No comments:
Post a Comment