It
is Monday morning, November 29, 2010, and I am all packed waiting for an early
lunch before traveling to the airport. Truthfully, I want to stay here and
continue with teaching and conversation. This has been the busiest and the best
trip with great opportunities waiting for me in the spring. Enough of the
general; let us look at the last Sunday.
Word
had gotten around church that this was my last Sunday and so people were
saying. “Goodbye.” Hongmei (sounds like HomeMy) sat next to me to interpret the
prayers and give me the Scripture references. During the sermon she takes notes
in English so I have a good idea of what is being said as the sermon is being
given.
The
choir sang one of my favorites; “Living for Jesus”, which I videoed as I do all
choir numbers. I now have sixty in my collection.
After
church a little five year old crawls up on the bench of the grand piano and
plays while people are leaving the church; another musically gifted child.
That
is three I know of in this church. The oldest now plays professionally at
concerts and teaches at a music university here in Wuhan.
The
next is a twelve year old who plays for the choir and teaches the five year
old.
After
church Zuhua, Hongmei and I walked to a restaurant for a nice meal and
conversation. After we ate Hongmei walked to the seminary, where she is a
student, and Zuhua and I walked home and took naps. Her husband was working.
After the naps I continued to pack and she cooked supper for us and some friends
who came over. Just before we sat down to eat, Charles and his girl friend
stopped by to say goodbye to me. They were on their way to Hankou to have
supper with family and friends at a famous hotpot. They were hoping I could
join them. They didn’t realize we had a meal planned for here. We ate, had
conversation and went to bed.


No comments:
Post a Comment