I am visiting family in Batavia, New York for a few days. I had the chance to obtain a very inexpensive airline ticket and needed to gather some data for a construction design I am working on for a possible addition to be built next summer on the back of the house shown below.
My flight passed through Chicago going from DFW to Rochester, NY. How I longed to get on the flight going to Shanghai instead of the one going to Rochester, but that will have to wait until next April. I hope that my visa will be cleared for next year. On my way back a Chinese official took me aside for a while and explained that I had stayed more than sixty days. I forgot to count out the days when I ordered the airplane tickets and stayed 62 days. I learned very clearly that you don’t do that. They let me go without punishment, but I am sure there was a record made of that violation. I will have to wait and see if it will affect getting a visa next year.
I got on the correct plane and ended up in Rochester. In the morning when I got up the temperature outside was only 4 degrees F. It reminded me of what it was like when I lived here as a kid. At lunch time I took a picture looking out the window across the family farm; I nice cold winter day.
I will be here for a few days and then will return back to Texas. Maybe when I pass through Chicago I will make a mistake and get on the plane to Shanghai instead of the one to Texas. My current visa is good until March.

No comments:
Post a Comment