During the night, when I should have been sleeping, I began to think of how I was going to get the workbench right side up and standing on the floor. There was no way I was going to be able to roll it over and get it down by myself. I am strong enough to flip the top, but not with the leg assembly attached. Solution: remove the four lag screws holding the leg assembly to the underside of the top, remove the leg assembly and set it on the floor, right side up. Then flip the top so it is right side up and slide it over onto the leg assemble and insert the four lag screws and tighten. I did that and, presto, we have the next picture. Pretty cool don't you think.
You may be wondering why the four legs were made out of treated lumber. Home Depot didn't have untreated four by fours and I wasn't about to run around to try to find some. Someday, after I finish the upstairs kitchen, I plan to paint the workbench. Then you won't know the difference.
With those big casters the workbench can be easily moved and with a three quarter inch block under each leg it is very secure. After I cleaned up the shop I pushed the workbench over into the shop area with the power tools and made room for Connie to drive her car into the garage area. In the future I can simply back Connie's car out and roll the workbench over and go to work. At the end of the day I can roll the workbench back and she can drive her car back in. My car stays out.
I sure enjoy using my tools to build things. I think of the three electrical panels on the wall and am reminded of all the work required to wire in all those circuits. Building a house like this was a lot of hard, fun work.




No comments:
Post a Comment