I did not listen – kind of like when God told Adam not to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil or he would die – and went ahead and very carefully tiled the stairs.
All was fine for several years, but then cracks began to form and soon tiles began to loosen and I knew my stairs were in trouble – Adam and Eve knew they were in trouble after eating the forbidden fruit – and in need of help. I had no choice but to remove all the tile, clean up the mess, and start over – like God had to do with humankind. Out with the old and in with the new; carpet it would be. I made my measurements and ordered the material and went to work on my new creation. The results are seen in the next picture.
I enjoyed very much the opportunity to lay the tile and also install the carpet. I gained great experience and if I should have the opportunity to build my fifth home when I am 80 I might be able to benefit from my experience.

