Friday, February 20, 2009

Building Cabinets

During the last week or so I purchased some lumber and am in the process of building cabinets for the upstairs apartment. I love to build things; to work with my hands. I guess that is why I have build the last four houses I have lived in. It is fun making cuts with the power tools and seeing the pieces come together to form a nice solid cabinet. If I stay on schedule I will be able to finish the wall cabinets next week. Once those are in place and finished I will start on the base cabinets.

I am trying to finish the kitchen and get the garden in and a few other projects done before I head off to China. I have my ticket from DFW to Shanghai and my visa to China just came. I need to purchase my ticket from Shanghai to Wuhan and I will be all set. I leave Dallas on April 15, cross the dateline, landing in China on Thursday the 16th.

I am moving forward on faith that my support team will help me with expenses. I have not sent out my newsletter yet. It is written, but I haven't mailed it yet. It needs to be done next week because I need to cover the cost of my ticket.