It was the day before Jiajing was to return for her next semester of study at SFA and she asked if I had decided on the dates for the next trip. At her encouragement, I removed the calendar from the wall in my home office and did some further thinking about when I should go.
The last two spring trips were four months in length, but this year that would not be wise if I were to attend my oldest grandson’s high school graduation, which was at the end of May. Should the trip be before or after his graduation? I felt better about going before. Then, how long should I stay? As I thought about the length of time, I felt impressed to go only for a month. By doing so I could leave late enough to allow time to get the garden planted and be back in time to enjoy a great harvest – that is living by faith.
April 15th was chosen as the departure date and May 13th as the return date. Having these dates in mind I decided to check flight schedules and prices. I could hardly believe my eyes! The price was the lowest I had ever seen. A round trip ticket with tax was $1100, about half of my last trip. I saw a friend at church who booked his flight a few days earlier for about $200 less than mine. I booked my flight and put it on a guaranteed hold for 24 hours; to give me some time to be sure I was making the right decision. The next day, believing this was the Lord’s plan, I purchased the ticket. In March I will need to purchase my ticket for the China leg of the flight and also obtain my visa for my 2009 trips.
My plans for this next trip and my preparation for it will be covered in other blog entries. I am very thankful for a good ticket price and would covet your prayers for a safe, healthy, and productive trip.
